In October and November 2020, the Digitization Network in the Swedish Parliament in collaboration with Crunchfish and Svensk Handel arranged a series of three webinars about the role of the Swedish state in digital payments.The moderator for all webinars was Joachim Samuelsson, CEO of Crunchfish.
October 7 – Current situation and issues (in Swedish)
Panelists: Riksbanken, Svensk Handel and Mastercard.
October 21 – Technical opportunities (in English)
Panelists – Crunchfish, Swish and Accenture
November 4 – Political discussion (in Swedish)
Panelists – Members of Swedish Parliament from the Finance Committee
Agenda for the webinars:
1) The roles and responsibilities of the state and the private sector in the digital payment market
- How is a secure, robust and efficient payment market ensured?
- Claims on the private sector if government funds are marginalized.
- Is there a need for new legislation in the payment market?
2) Risks with a digitalised payment market where cash is marginalized
- Operational disruptions and consequences in crisis and war conditions.
- Anonymity and integrity and risks of money laundering.
- Digital and economic exclusion.
3) Is the e-krona a solution to the risks of a cashless economy?
- The needs of the public, trade and banks for digital central bank money.
- Requirements for the e-krona to address the risks when cash is marginalized.
- Consequences for the state and the private sector if the e-krona is introduced.